Every corner of Centre County has its own unique story. Centre County Explorers Passport is a booklet is designed to encourage you to get out and explore the rich collection of historic and cultural sites that exist in Centre County.
By visiting historic houses, museums, galleries, parks and exploring the places in Centre County that make it unique, you will gain an understanding of our county’s historic, cultural and natural resources. In turn, you will be helping the communities that you visit by shopping, staying or enjoying the local cuisine.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Pick up your Centre County Explorers Passport at the Centre Furnace Mansion or the Centre County / Penn State Visitor Center.
- The Explore Centre County driving map is a companion publication that support your adventures.
- When planning your visits, please remember to check ahead for individual site hours, admission fees and group reservation information.
- When you visit a site, simply make a note of the date and time in your booklet.
- When you have visited all of the sites in Centre County Explorers passport, you will receive a special recognition gift.
Participants may share their photos of Centre County historical and cultural site and photos of them having fun exploring Centre County. Share your photographs, stories, favorite memories with us at:
- Facebook: facebook.com/centrefurnace
- Twitter: @CentreHistory
- Instagram: @centre.county.history
- Or e-mail them to: email@example.com
- Add #ExploreCentreCounty to your social media posts so that we can follow your journey!
The Centre County Explorers program is being made possible in part through a grant provided by the Centre County Board of Commissioners and Central PA Convention and Visitors Bureau. Passport and driving map design is by graphic designer David Lembeck. Illustrations by Jeffery Mathison.